Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life as an immigrate!

I will never forget they day I moved here I still remember it just like if it was yesterday. it was 1903 a Thursday when my dad came back from the potato’s farm telling mom to pack our things because he found out a way for us to leave to the untied stats I wasn’t so happy to go since I was so used to living in Irish but my family said this was for the best of everyone so I had no choice that same night I was helping my family packing to leave the next morning that didn’t give us much times but we made the best of it. After we packed what we thought was right since we could not take so much stuff with us we had our last family meal since we were leaving the morning.

Friday morning my mom woke us up very early to get ready to leave I honestly don’t no was I was doing at that time things happened so quickly I just got ready and went in the car of my dad’s friends since he was the one who was going to us it was only our family inside the car and once we got there we started seeing other people. I didn’t no even one so I just stayed with my only brother I had josh he was a good guy who loved playing anything me and him would just start making games up just so the time would go by fast not many things happen on the bought like I said I didn’t no anyone. a few weeks later we made it to this island were we took a break to explore what was coming it was a small town with very few things but I didn’t want to judge and be rude so I just went alone with it.

Monday July 9th 1903 we finely made it to Unites States. I was really happy that we finely made it to the a place called New York we lived in a 1 bedroom apt. where my mom and dad slept in that room and I and my brother would sleep in the living room it was way much better than my old house were I had to sleep on the floor with no roof. Life in New York was pretty hard but better then Irish and we had much more freedom then before.

July 20, 1903 today is my first day at school and I very nerves am wondering how school is over here and am wondering if anyone would talk to me or be my friend I guess where just going to have to figure that out. when I entered the school everything was normal nobody said anything to me or agents me I was very happy with school because I wanted to show my family that I could be something important with my life and I could make a difference my family always believed in me and followed my chooses that why I was doing this for me and my family and to show everyone that we had a great reason for moving not just so that I can get a education but also for freedom on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment